Tuesday, January 24, 2012

FILE SHARING & UPLOADING UPDATE




 
Those of us still smarting from the Megaupload shutdown were dealt a further blow today with the announcement that Fileserve and FileSonic have been spooked into disabling their file sharing services. I read a very interesting article over at Forbes.Com yesterday that essentially debunks the argument that the entertainment industry and content creators are suffering hardship due to file sharing. You can read the article here.

While this latest development probably only affects a handful of links at Funky Frolic the most worrying aspect is that there could be much more of this to come. It looks like 2012 is going to be a defining year for the internet and users might be the ones that suffer.

I have re-uploaded a handful of files since yesterday but I also discovered a bunch more Megaupload links in my archives so I still have about 30 that are inactive. Stay patient, I will get to them all eventually. In the meantime I hope you enjoy a second serving of Bernard Fevre which will be posted in an hour or two.

Stay funky.

5 comments:

Glitter Godzilla said...

Thanks for taking the time out to share such great music, despite greedy and misguided people making it difficult.

JawsOfJosh said...

Thank you for your past work, and thank you for your continued work in the future. You are a soul brother in music for sharing all these fantastic sounds from the past.

Benbecula said...

The law isn't even in place and the FBI have decided to ignore the democratic and judicial process and go rogue on us. It's scary and it's bad and things may get tough in the short term but in the long run they can't stop the file-sharing. The internet's too big and there are more of us than there are of them. Thanks for your work - it's really appreciated.

Unknown said...

Hello FunkyFrolic!

First of all, I have to admit that I love Your FunkyFrolic-Blog, that I am a blog member as well and that I reguarly visit & enjoy Your great site!

I have an important personal request: Its a pity for me, I lost my contact to three of my favourite blogs, caused by the megaupload-story-chaos! Those great blogs were:

1.) Smutshake Cupcake
2.) Weirdward Ho!
3.) La Parenthese En Chantier

Can You please help me to get in contact with these blogs again? Can You help me to get an invitation, or could You lead my adress to the blog-owners/-authors? I need this support, because I dont know what else to do!

You can leave a message for me at my YouTube-Site or You can use my e-mail-adress (both adresses below):

http://www.youtube.com/user/eesywind

easy-wind@arcor.de

Thank You! Best wishes for the future,

Yours,

Eesywind

verge said...

Thanks for continuing this dope blog through all the bs thats been going on. So many blogs have disappeared or slowed down but you stay at it and I'm thankful cause this is one of my favorite blogs since i discovered it a few months ago.
I'm thinking now that this whole mess may really be about making a huge step towards the censorship of the internet. I hope not.
Thanks again! peace